Are you eligible for the Special Enrollment Period?
Open Enrollment ended on Jan. 31 but Coloradans with special circumstances may still be able to apply. Individuals and families who are shopping for new health insurance coverage because their health insurance company is no longer offering health plans in their area will be permitted to enroll in new coverage through March 1. This includes all individuals and families, regardless of whether or not they purchased their 2016 health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado. These individuals include:
- Those whose 2016 coverage was with Rocky Mountain Health Plans and are located outside of Mesa County.
- Those whose 2016 coverage was with UnitedHealthcare, Humana or Anthem (PPO plans).
- Those whose 2016 coverage was with another health insurance company but was not offered for renewal in 2017.
If you previously worked with a certified Broker or Assister, please contact that person because he/she is best equipped to help you enroll in a new plan. If you need help, we provide a statewide network of free, expert support to help you look at your choices and enroll. You can also call our Customer Service Center at: 855-PLANS-4-YOU (855-752-6749)
Other circumstances that may allow you to enroll or change your plan, even after March 1
Thinking about moving, getting married or having a baby? Whether you are a new customer or you have been with us a while, when you make big decisions in life, you may be eligible to enroll or change your health insurance coverage outside of the Open Enrollment Period within 60 days of the event. Other life changes that may allow you to apply for coverage outside of the Open Enrollment Period, which ended, Jan. 31, include but are not limited to:
- Birth of a baby, adoption of a child or placement of a child for foster care
- Change in marital status
- Move to a new permanent address in your state
- Changes in your income that affect the financial assistance you qualify for
- Change of tribal status
- Become a U.S. citizen
- Leaving incarceration
- Change of dependency status of someone on your plan
- Death of a covered member of your household
- Turning 26 and aging off your parent’s plan
- Starting/ending AmeriCorps service
- Incorrectly or inappropriately enrolled in a health plan for some reason that is not due to an error or omission on the part of Connect for Health Colorado
- Violation of the contract you had with your health insurance carrier
- Loss of an exemption to purchase health insurance coverage
- Change in affordability of employer-sponsored insurance
- Loss of minimum essential coverage
If you think you qualify for any of the above, please login or create an account to get started.
If you have previously worked with a certified Broker or Assister, please contact that person because he/she is best equipped to help you to enroll in a new plan. If you need help, we provide a statewide network of free, expert support to help you look at your choices and enroll. You can also call our Customer Service Center at: 855-PLANS-4-YOU (855-752-6749) .Have a Broker Call You Schedule an Appointment with an Assister New Customers Current Customers