Are you eligible for the Special Enrollment Period?
Individuals and families who are shopping for new health insurance coverage because their health insurance is no longer available to them or because they had a policy last year that no longer meets the minimum legal requirements for acceptable levels of insurance – are permitted to enroll in new coverage through Feb. 29.
- Those whose 2015 coverage was with the Colorado HealthOP or Access Health Colorado.
- Those who were with Rocky Mountain Health Plans but are no longer in the company’s redrawn service area.
- Subscribers of “Transition” plans (sometimes referred to as “grandmother” plans), which do not meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act.
If you have certain qualifying life change events like moving to a new state, certain changes in your income and changes in your family size (for example, if you marry, divorce or have a baby), you may be eligible to enroll or change your health insurance coverage outside of the Open Enrollment Period.
Customers MUST have a life change event to be eligible to enroll outside of the Open Enrollment Period. Please be advised, you may be asked to send proof of the information you have provided to Connect for Health Colorado. If you are unable to provide proof of a life change event, it may have negative consequences for your insurance coverage and health expenses.
If you previously worked with a certified broker or Health Coverage Guide, please contact that person because he/she is best equipped to help you to enroll in a new plan. If you need help, we provide a statewide network of free expert support to help you look at your choices and enroll. You can also call our Customer Service Center at 855-PLANS-4-YOU (855-752-6749).
If you are a small business owner, you can enroll throughout the year. Learn how easy it is to offer health coverage for your employees.
- February 29, 2016
- Last day of Special Enrollment Period for eligible customers.
- November 1, 2016
- Open Enrollment for 2017 coverage begins
- January 31, 2017
- Last day to enroll for 2017 coverage