Extra savings are here to stay
Whether you are hearing about us for the first time or have been here before and didn’t qualify for financial help to pay for health insurance at the time, it’s worth a look now. Due to changes in federal law, starting in 2021, we’ve been able to provide Coloradans with even more financial help for health insurance. This level of financial help will continue for years to come, at least through 2025. Learn more about getting financial help »
Open Enrollment (November 1-January 15th) is the time when almost all Coloradans can buy private health insurance plans. Coloradans who experience a Qualifying Life Change Event outside of Open Enrollment have a 60-day window to buy or change plans.
Colorado Opton plans were created by the Colorado Option law. The law requires all health insurance companies in the state to offer these standardized health plans at the Bronze, Silver, and Gold coverage levels.
Colorado Option plans are designed to provide more cost/benefit transparency and have lower costs for many services. The benefits, copayments, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum costs are the same for all Colorado Option plans within a specific metal tier (Bronze, Silver, or Gold) across all health insurance companies. Learn more about the types of health plans»
How do you start shopping?
Compare plans and estimate your financial help before you shop.
Use our quick and easy online tool to compare plans before you start your application based on what matters to you most – including:
- covered doctors and medications,
- monthly premium,
- possible financial help, and
- estimated total healthcare costs for the year.
Consider including dental and vision plans.
Dental and vision health are important parts of your overall physical health. You can protect your eyes and teeth, too, with dental and vision plans.
Talk with a certified expert and select your plan.
Get answers and advice on all of your health insurance questions from one of our certified experts right here in Colorado before you select your plan.
Live your best life, Colorado. We’ve got you covered.
Health insurance helps pay for your health care when you need it most and protects you from financial debt. We’ll help you get lower monthly costs so you can know you’ve got a plan to back you up.
What do I need to apply?
- Names and dates of birth for each person in your household.
- Mailing address. If someone in your household – those you include on your tax return – has a different home address, you’ll need that, too.
- Social Security numbers. Enter the Social Security number of anyone who is applying for coverage. If you leave this blank, you may be asked to provide more information at a later time.
- Immigration document information. Non-citizens who apply for coverage may be asked to provide information from immigration documents.
- How you file your taxes. You may be asked about your filing status and who you claim as a dependent on your taxes.
- Income sources. If you apply for savings, you will enter employer and income information for everyone in your household.
It’s important to know that all health and dental insurance plans through Connect for Health Colorado include free preventive services (called essential health benefits) and coverage for preexisting conditions.
Dental and vision insurance
Protecting your eyes and teeth are important parts of overall health. Like medical plans, dental and vision plans help you pay for services and preventive care. You can sign up for a dental plan during the Open Enrollment Period, which runs Nov. 1 through Jan. 15.
Health Reimbursement Account
Have you received contributions from your employer in a Health Reimbursement Account? Call our Service Center to determine how these funds interact with your marketplace plan – 855-752-6749