Health insurance is complicated and we are here to help you understand your options. To get started, here is a brief overview of how health insurance works.
Open Enrollment begins on November 1st when you can enroll in a 2017 plan. Until then, you can enroll in a 2017 plan only if you have had at least one of several Life Change Events. Small businesses interested in enrolling their employees, may enroll throughout the year.
However, there are things you can do now to prepare for upcoming Open Enrollment Period:
- See if you qualify for a tax credit and estimate your out-of-pocket costs with our Quick Cost & Plan Finder tool.
- Preview 2017 plans and prices in your area. You can select plans that include your preferred doctors and medications. Save and print your selections so you’re ready to shop once Open Enrollment begins on November 1st.
- Get free, in-person help from one of our expert Brokers or Assisters to learn more about your options for November 1st.
- November 1, 2016
- Open Enrollment for 2017 coverage begins
- December 15, 2016
- Last day to enroll for coverage starting on January 1, 2017
- January 31, 2017
- Last day to enroll for 2017 coverage
Protect Yourself and Avoid a Penalty
Be aware that your health and finances are at risk if you go uncovered and you will be subject to a penalty. The penalty for not having health insurance in 2017 will be $695 per person or 2.5% of your household income, whichever is greater. For example:
|Annual Income*||Potential Penalty (2.5% of Income)|
* Assumes household of one person. Please consult a tax professional to get an estimate for your specific household.
Mark your Calendar
Visit us again on November 1st to enroll! Remember, you need to enroll by December 15th for coverage beginning January 1, 2017. We’re here to help you every step of the way.Preview 2017 Plans Lower Your Costs Get Free, In-person Help