Welcome to Connect for Health Colorado, the only place where you can apply for financial help to lower the cost of your health insurance. Here you can choose from a broad range of comprehensive health insurance and dental plans – all of which include free preventive services and coverage for pre-existing conditions. As a new Connect for Health Colorado customer, you will see your premium reduced by 80%, on average, if you qualify for financial help.
Open Enrollment starts November 1st for 2019 coverage
This is the time to purchase health insurance for 2019. Starting Nov. 1, 2018, you can begin shopping for a plan. Be sure to enroll by December 15, 2018 to begin your coverage on January 1, 2019. You can still enroll in health insurance for the remainder of 2018 if you experience a Qualified Life Change Event.
2019 coverage begins
Are you leaving money on the table? You may be surprised!
Many Coloradans assume they make too much to qualify for financial help. Depending on your income and family size, you may qualify for Premium Tax Credits and Cost-Sharing Reductions to lower your monthly health insurance costs. Coloradans receiving financial help are paying just $136 per month, on average, for their health insurance. Use our Quick Cost & Plan Finder to see how much you may save!
Do you qualify for financial help to reduce your costs?
2 easy steps to prepare for Open Enrollment on Nov. 1st
While you can’t enroll just yet, you can get a jump on the process:
- Quickly see if you qualify for financial help, estimate costs and preview plans with our anonymous Quick Cost & Plan Finder. You can select plans that include your preferred doctors and medications. You can also preview 2019 plans. Save and print your selections so you’re ready to shop once Open Enrollment begins on November 1.
- Make an appointment with one of our certified Brokers or Assisters to learn more about your options for 2019 coverage and get help enrolling. This personal support can make the process easier and faster.
Plans sold outside of Connect for Health Colorado can have significantly limited coverage, higher risk of out-of-pocket expenses and are not required to accept you if you have a pre-existing condition. These are usually called short-term plans and only last for six months. Rest assured that ALL plans sold through Connect for Health Colorado offer all of the benefits and protections of a Qualified Health Plan, including coverage for pre-existing conditions. Here’s a handy chart that will help you evaluate a plan.
We’re here to help
Insurance can be complicated, but you don’t have to go it alone. Across Colorado, from Durango to Greeley, we are ready to help you get enrolled in person, at a location near you. Appointments for Open Enrollment fill up quickly. Schedule an appointment today!
Explore our health insurance resources
Health insurance can be confusing, so we’ve put together a variety of resources to help you feel more confident buying and using your health insurance.
- Health insurance 101
- How costs work – Key elements that determine how much you pay
- The benefits all plans cover including free preventive care
- Types of plans
- 6 questions to ask before you buy
- Ways to save
- Common questions after you buy
- Using health insurance