Welcome to Connect for Health Colorado, the only place where you can apply for financial help to lower the cost of your health insurance. Here you can choose from a broad range of comprehensive health insurance and dental plans – all of which include free preventive services and coverage for pre-existing conditions. As a new Connect for Health Colorado customer, you will see your premium reduced by 80%, on average, if you qualify for financial help.
Now is the time to buy your 2019 health insurance
Open Enrollment is the window of time you can purchase your health insurance for 2019. Outside of this window, you can only purchase health insurance if you experience a Qualified Life Change Event. Be sure to enroll by December 15, 2018 to begin your coverage on January 1, 2019. Note: You may be able to still buy health insurance for the remainder of 2018 if you experience a Qualified Life Change Event.
2019 coverage begins
Are you leaving money on the table? You may be surprised!
Many Coloradans assume they make too much to qualify for financial help. Depending on your income and family size, you may qualify for Premium Tax Credits and Cost-Sharing Reductions to lower your monthly health insurance costs. Coloradans receiving financial help are paying just $136 per month, on average, for their health insurance. Use our Quick Cost & Plan Finder to see how much you may save!
Do you qualify for financial help to reduce your costs?
Before you buy
- Use our Quick Cost & Plan Finder tool to see if you may qualify for financial help, as well as preview plans and prices before you shop.
- Make an appointment with one of our certified Brokers or Assisters to help you enroll and apply for financial help. While you are welcome to enroll on your own, this personal support can make the process easier and faster.
- Learn more about health insurance and how costs work so you can make the best buying decision for your health and finances.
Plans sold outside of Connect for Health Colorado can have significantly limited coverage, higher risk of out-of-pocket expenses and are not required to accept you if you have a pre-existing condition. These are usually called short-term plans and only last for six months. Rest assured that ALL plans sold through Connect for Health Colorado offer all of the benefits and protections of a Qualified Health Plan, including coverage for pre-existing conditions. Here’s a handy chart that will help you evaluate a plan.
We’re here to help
Insurance can be complicated, but you don’t have to go it alone. Across Colorado, from Durango to Greeley, we are ready to help you get enrolled in person, at a location near you. Appointments for Open Enrollment fill up quickly. Schedule an appointment today!
Explore our health insurance resources
Health insurance can be confusing, so we’ve put together a variety of resources to help you feel more confident buying and using your health insurance.
- Health insurance 101
- How costs work – Key elements that determine how much you pay
- The benefits all plans cover including free preventive care
- Types of plans
- 6 questions to ask before you buy
- Ways to save
- Common questions after you buy
- Using health insurance