For customers who received financial help in 2019 to lower your premiums:
Because premiums are going down this year, there is a decrease in the dollar amount of financial help available. The result is an increase in net premium for most people who receive financial help and who want to stay in their same plan for the new year. We recommend that you shop to review what your options may be shop (and maybe switch plans) in order to keep your premium from increasing.
What do I need to renew my coverage for 2020?
- Basic information. Names and dates of birth for each person in your household.
- Home mailing address. If someone in your household – those you include on your tax return – has a different home address, you’ll need that, too.
- Social Security numbers. Enter each person’s Social Security number. If you leave this blank, you may be asked to provide more information at a later time.
- Immigration document information. Is anyone on your application a legal immigrant? If so, you’ll be asked to provide information from immigration documents.
- How you file your taxes. If you file federal income taxes, you may be asked about your filing status and who you claim as a dependent on your taxes.
- Income information. You will enter employer and income information for everyone in your household.
Tell us about life changes within 30 days. Life events that can affect your health insurance coverage include:
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Moving to a different ZIP code or county
- Changes in your income
- If your yearly income estimate goes down or your household size gets bigger, you could qualify for more savings than you’re getting now. This could lower what you pay in monthly premiums.
- If your yearly income estimate goes up or your household size goes down, you may qualify for less savings than you’re getting now.
- If you don’t report the change, you could have to repay tax credits when you file your federal tax return.
Update your account online, with a broker or assister, or over the phone:
Report changes online
Talk to a broker or assister
Call our Customer Service Center at 855-752-6749
We can help you update your account
Do you have other health coverage options now?
If you have the option to enroll in other health coverage, like Health First Colorado, (Colorado’s Medicaid program), Medicare or job-based health insurance, call us right away at 855-PLANS-4-YOU, or login to your account to make updates.
Do you qualify for financial help now?
If you are not currently receiving tax credits or financial help to lower your monthly payments and your income has changed, you can quickly check if you qualify for financial help and view the plans available to you.
It’s important to know that all health and dental insurance plans through Connect for Health Colorado include free preventive services (called essential health benefits) and coverage for preexisting conditions.
Dental and vision insurance
Protecting your eyes and teeth are important parts of overall health. Like medical plans, dental and vision plans help you pay for services and preventive care. The good news? You can buy a dental and vision plan at any time!
Health Reimbursement Account
Have you received contributions from your employer in a Health Reimbursement Account? Call our Service Center to determine how these funds interact with your marketplace plan – 855-752-6749