You might qualify for extra savings
While you might not have qualified for financial help to pay for health insurance before, it’s worth a look now. Here’s what you should know:
• There’s no income cap to qualify for financial help, and Coloradans of most income ranges are eligible for reduced premiums.
• Coloradans with income below a certain amount can qualify for plans with $0 premiums.
• More families who have access to employer health insurance can now qualify for financial help through our marketplace.
• Coloradans with income below a certain amount can qualify for even more cost-sharing reductions than in previous years
Learn more about getting financial help »
If you’re currently enrolled in a plan through Connect for Health Colorado, make sure to update your account to ensure the amount of financial help you are receiving is accurate. Update your account »
Update your account online, with a broker or assister, or over the phone:
Report changes online
Talk to a broker or assister
Call our Customer Service Center at 855-752-6749
We can help you update your account.
Tell us about life changes within 30 days. Life events that can affect your health insurance coverage include:
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Moving to a different ZIP code or county
- Changes in your income
- If your yearly income estimate goes down or your household size gets bigger, you could qualify for more savings than you’re getting now. This could lower what you pay in monthly premiums.
- If your yearly income estimate goes up or your household size goes down, you may qualify for less savings than you’re getting now.
- If you don’t report the change, you could have to repay tax credits when you file your federal tax return.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a health plan through the Connect for Health Colorado, but I never applied for financial help/I didn’t qualify for financial help. How do I apply for financial help now?
Log in to your account and update your information so that we can evaluate your situation for financial help. Applying for financial help means you’ll enter updated information about your household, including household income and income sources. If you are not eligible for affordable health coverage, like that from a job, your spouse’s job or from Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program), you can likely get financial help!
It’s important to know that all health and dental insurance plans through Connect for Health Colorado include free preventive services (called essential health benefits) and coverage for preexisting conditions.
Dental and vision insurance
Protecting your eyes and teeth are important parts of overall health. Like medical plans, dental and vision plans help you pay for services and preventive care. You can sign up for a dental plan during the Open Enrollment Period, which runs Nov. 1 through Jan. 15.
Health Reimbursement Account
Have you received contributions from your employer in a Health Reimbursement Account? Call our Service Center to determine how these funds interact with your marketplace plan – 855-752-6749