Every plan Connect for Health Colorado offers cover these essential health benefits:
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (surgeries and overnight stays)
- Laboratory services
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital
- Services for children
- Pregnancy, maternity and newborn care (both before and after birth)
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
Some plans may also offer more services, or exclude cost sharing for additional services that matter to you. Be sure to look at the plan’s Summary of Benefits of Coverage document. You can view a plan’s Summary of Benefits and coverage when you are comparing plans and prices.
All health insurance plans sold through Connect for Health Colorado also provide a set of free preventive services. These services are covered even if you have not yet met your deductible.
- Screenings for
- Hepatitis B & C
- Smoking-related diseases
- Counseling for:
- Sexually transmitted infections
Plans sold through Connect for Health Colorado must cover the following preventive services for women without charging copayment or coinsurance. This is true, even if you haven’t met your yearly deductible.
- Well-woman visits
- Cervical cancer screenings
- Counseling for Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Counseling and screening for HIV
- Screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence
- Prenatal care
- Screening for gestational diabetes
- Breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling
Plans sold through Connect for Health Colorado must cover the following preventive services for children without charging copayment or coinsurance. This is true, even if you haven’t met your yearly deductible.
- Iron supplements for children ages 6 to 12 months at risk for anemia
- Lead screening for children at risk of exposure
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Oral health risk assessment for young children up to age 10
- Phenylketonuria (PKU) screening for newborns
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention counseling and screening for adolescents at higher risk
- Tuberculin testing for children at higher risk of tuberculosis ages
- Vision screening for all children
New this year: Colorado Option Plans
These plans cover all essential health benefits and offer even more services at lower, fixed costs. Here’s some of the health care services covered in every Colorado Option plan:
- Doctor visits when you are sick or injured
- Mental health care office visits
- Prenatal and postnatal doctor visits
- Diabetes self-management education
The benefits, copayments, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum costs are the same for all Colorado Option plans within a specific metal tier (Bronze, Silver, or Gold) across all health insurance companies. Learn more about this type of health plan »
Joaquin – Arvada, Colorado
With new health insurance, Joaquin’s first doctor visit in years revealed that he has diabetes.
Tip regarding chiropractic care
If chiropractic care is part of your health needs, check to see which insurance companies’ networks of providers includes chiropractic doctors.