Life Change Events
Thinking about moving, getting married or having a baby? Whether you are a new customer or you have been with us a while, when you make big decisions in life, you may be eligible to enroll or change your health insurance coverage outside of the Open Enrollment Period, which ended January 30th, within 60 days of the event.
Other life changes that may allow you to apply for coverage outside of the Open Enrollment Period include but are not limited to:
- Birth of a baby, adoption of a child or placement of a child for foster care
- Change in marital status
- Move to a new permanent address in your state
- Changes in your income that affect the financial assistance you qualify for
- Change of tribal status
- Become a U.S. citizen
- Leaving incarceration
- Change of dependency status of someone on your plan
- Death of a covered member of your household
- Turning 26 and aging off your parent’s plan
- Starting/ending AmeriCorps service
- Incorrectly or inappropriately enrolled in a health plan for some reason that is not due to an error or omission on the part of Connect for Health Colorado
- Violation of the contract you had with your health insurance carrier
- Loss of an exemption to purchase health insurance coverage
- Change in affordability of employer-sponsored insurance
- Loss of minimum essential coverage
If you think you qualify for any of the above, please contact our Customer Service Center at 855-PLANS-4-YOU or 855-752-6749. If you have previously worked with a certified broker or Health Coverage Guide, please contact that person because he/she is best equipped to help you to enroll in a new plan if you qualify. We also provide a statewide network of free expert support to help review your options and make sure you do not have a gap in coverage.
If you are eligible to shop for a new plan or make updates to your existing plan, your coverage will be effective the first day of the month after you purchase a new plan or submit your updates. If this happens after the 16th of the month, you will need to call our Customer Service Center to ensure you receive coverage the 1st day of the following month. Note that certain changes can be made right away and others will need to be coordinated with your insurance company.Need Help? New to Connect for Health Colorado? Start Here. Current Customer? Start Here.