Thank you for purchasing your health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado®! Open Enrollment begins November 1st, which means your plan will be up for renewal.
If you are eligible to renew, you will receive a notice from us outlining three options to renew your coverage for 2017:
1) Auto Renew: You may be eligible to auto-renew if:
- Your insurance company is offering the same plan again
- Your household income and size hasn’t changed.
- You want to continue with the same plan
In this case, we will auto-renew you in the same policy. The only thing you have to do is pay your first months’ premium by December 25th and your 2017 coverage will start on January 1st. (Your insurance company will bill you for the premium.)
Note: Because plans, prices and networks change every year, it is important to make sure the plan up for renewal still meets your healthcare needs and budget. There are often lower priced plans available, even with your same health insurance company.
2) Shop for a New Plan Starting November 1st: If your insurance company isn’t offering the same plan, or if you want a different one, you can compare plans to find the one that best meets your health and financial needs. Use our Quick Cost & Plan Finder tool to:
- See if you qualify for a tax credit and estimate your out-of-pocket costs.
- Preview 2017 plans and prices in your area. You can select plans that include your preferred doctors and medications. Save and print your selections so you’re ready to shop once Open Enrollment begins on November 1st.
- Get free, in-person help from one of our expert Brokers or Assisters to learn more about your options for November 1st.
3) Go without Coverage and Face a Penalty: If you do not renew for 2017 coverage, be aware that your health and finances are at risk if you go uncovered and you will be subject to a penalty. The penalty for not having health insurance in 2017 will be $695 per person or 2.5% of your household income, whichever is greater. For example:
|Annual Income*||Potential Penalty (2.5% of Income)|
* Assumes household of one person. Please consult a tax professional to get an estimate for your specific household.
- November 1, 2016
- Open Enrollment for 2017 coverage begins
- December 15, 2016
- Last day to enroll for coverage starting on January 1, 2017
- January 31, 2017
- Last day to enroll for 2017 coverage
How to Use Your Coverage
To better understand your coverage, check out our “How to Use Your Health Insurance” guide, which provides a good overview for how to understand and use your benefits. And don’t forget your vision and dental health. We offer plans to keep your eyes and teeth in good health too!
Help with Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) or Child Health Plan Plus?
If you, or a member of your household, is enrolled in Health First Colorado or CHP+ and you have an income or household change that could make you eligible for these programs, please report these changes through Health First Colorado’s website or call 1-800-221-3943.Lower Your Costs Preview 2017 Plans Get Free In-person help?