Small businesses and nonprofits know the ability to offer employees quality health insurance is a competitive advantage in the labor market. Providing health insurance to employees helps you recruit and retain the best talent. It also helps keep your employees healthier, happier and more productive, which makes good dollars and sense. We’re here to help.
Health Plan Options for Small Businesses
In the Small Business Marketplace, employers choose from 92 health plans from six carriers to offer to their employees:
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield / HMO Colorado
- Colorado Choice Health Plans
- Colorado HealthOP
- Kaiser Permanente
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- SeeChange Health
Connect for Health Colorado offers many ways to improve the process of covering your employees:
- Simplify Choices. Connect for Health Colorado provides side-by-side comparisons of health plan benefits and premiums.
- Expand Employee Options. Small employers and non-profits have the option to offer their employees a multi-carrier, multi-plan menu of choices previously not available in the small group market. The Marketplace offers 92 health plans from six carriers and 45 dental plans from seven carriers.
- Set Your Benefit Budget. Choose your level of contribution toward your employees’ coverage. Employees can use this contribution to purchase the plan of their choice.
Federal tax credits are available for small employers and non-profits to help cover the cost of health insurance for employees and their families. These tax credits can cover up to 50 percent of premium costs for small employers and 35 percent of premium costs for non-profits. To qualify, employers must:
- Offer health insurance to all full-time employees and cover at least 50 percent of the cost of single coverage
- Employ fewer than 25 full-time workers
- Pay average annual wages below $50,000 (not including the wages of owners and their families)
Use our online Small Business Calculator to find out if you might qualify for a tax credit, and if so, what amount you may expect.
Help to Shop
Connect for Health Colorado offers a statewide Customer Support Network to help you every step of the way.
Over 1,500 licensed agents/brokers are certified to support our customers. They can meet with you in person to help you set up your group program, evaluate options and enroll your employees. If you currently work with an agent or broker, check to see if he/she is certified. You can also search for a Connect for Health Colorado certified agent/broker in our online Agent/Broker Directory. Our Customer Service Center is available to answers questions over the phone and through online chat at any point in the process. You can also work with a Health Coverage Guide who is trained to support small employers through our online Assistance Site Directory.
Get the right plan for your business. Shop now