After August 15th, you’ll need a qualifying event to enroll
DENVER — Coloradans have until Sunday, August 15th to sign up and save on health coverage through Connect for Health Colorado. Thanks to a new federal law, more Coloradans are eligible to save than ever before. But this is the last chance for people to enroll in a plan that provides coverage this year unless they experience a Qualifying Life Event.
More people have enrolled in Colorado’s health insurance marketplace than any other year since Connect for Health Colorado opened for business in 2013. As of Sunday, August 8th, more than 212,000 Coloradans have signed up for a plan that provides coverage this year. That’s an additional 6,000 enrollments since last month when Connect for Health Colorado announced its Marketplace was seeing more than 1,000 new sign ups each week.
“I’m thankful that so many people have found coverage, peace of mind and financial stability through our Marketplace this year,” said Chief Executive Officer Kevin Patterson. “I urge those who want to find an affordable plan to contact us before Sunday the 15th. We’re here to make it easier for small business owners, individuals and families to get connected to resources and health insurance enrollment assistance.”
What You Need to Know
- Coloradans can find more savings than ever to pay for health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado. In fact, three out of four customers can find a health plan with a premium of $25 per month or less. Current customers can update their application to find out how much they can save, and they can change their plan if they wish.
- For the first time, savings are available to many individuals and families who were previous ineligible because of their income. If you haven’t been able to get financial help in the past, now is the time to take another look and reapply.
- Individuals who have received any weekly unemployment benefits beginning in 2021 may qualify for plans with premiums starting at $0 per month. This additional financial assistance is only available for 2021 coverage.
- After August 15th, you can enroll or change your plan only if you experience a Qualifying Life Event, like getting married, having a baby or losing your job’s health insurance.
- Our annual Open Enrollment Period for 2022 coverage begins November 1st and will go through January 15th.
How to Get Started and Get Help
To find out whether you qualify for additional savings on health insurance plans, how much plans cost and to compare all the plans available to you, contact Connect for Health Colorado at ConnectforHealthCO.com or by calling 855-752-6749.
Use the Quick Cost and Plan Finder tool to get an estimate of costs and to search plans based on what matters most to you. You can also find an expert in your area and make an appointment today.
Monica Caballeros | [email protected] | 720-496-2574
About Connect for Health Colorado
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, nonprofit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families, and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com