Connect for Health Colorado is a new way for Coloradans to buy health insurance and access new financial assistance, based on income, to reduce costs. Here’s how it works:
- Go to ConnectforHealthCO.com. Once you’re there, select the category that best represents your situation, e.g. Individuals & Families, Young Adult, Employer, Employee, to learn more about our Marketplace or to start shopping.
- Learn more. Get familiar with your options, health plan benefits and prices, what you need to fill out the application for financial help and Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+). Purchase before February 15, 2014 for your coverage and benefits to start March 1, 2014.
- Browse Plans. You can quickly begin browsing health plan features and prices.
- Estimate your potential savings. Answer a few questions and get an estimate of your potential savings through new financial assistance based on income.
- Set up an account. Set up an account, provide information about you and anyone you want to cover through your health plan so that you can complete the enrollment process and manage your account in the future.
- Start Shopping. Shop, compare, pick and purchase the plan that is right for you. Plans and benefits start March 1, 2014 if you purchase before February 15, 2014.
- Fill out the financial assistance application. If you want to apply for financial assistance through tax credits or other insurance affordability programs, such as Medicaid, CHP+ or new tax credits, fill out the application. We’ll help you find out what works for you.
- Pick a plan. Shop by price, provider or services offered. Plans are displayed side-by-side to make it easier for you to compare and pick coverage that’s right for your needs. If you’ve been approved for financial assistance, you can decide how much to use right away to reduce the cost of your monthly premiums. Then you can finish signing up and make your payment arrangements.
Coverage begins March 1, 2014 if you purchase before February 15, 2014.