An Exciting Start to the Holiday Season: A Message from CEO Patty Fontneau
I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving and am pleased to let you know about a number of new developments as we enter the holiday season.
- Open enrollment has been extended to December 23 for Coloradans who want their health insurance to start January 1, 2014. The full open enrollment period continues until March 31, 2014. We’re working with carriers and partners on operational plans, including deadlines for premium payments and will let you know as soon as possible.
- Our mobile app is now available for download on Android devices at Google Play. The Connect for Health Colorado app is a dynamic tool to help you consider your health insurance options. You can find in-person assistance in your community, browse plans and save your favorite on your phone or share it by email, and use our tax credit calculator to get an estimate of your potential financial help to reduce the cost of insurance. The iOs app for iPhones will be available in mid-December.
- This Sunday, December 1, five local churches will host Enrollment Sunday outreach events in partnership with our Assistance Sites to encourage Coloradans to sign up for health insurance. This is part of an ongoing partnership with religious organizations to educate Coloradans about the value of health insurance and the new options available to them. More information is available here.
- On Cyber Monday, remember to shop for health insurance while you’re shopping for gifts. Give you and your family the gift of health insurance to start the New Year off right!
- The Holiday Connect to Coverage Campaign starts December 5! We’ll be driving a 24-foot RV, wrapped with our brand, across Colorado for more than a week, with stops on the eastern plains, Greeley, Fort Collins, Loveland, Grand Junction, Durango, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Lakewood and Denver. As a key partner, King Soopers is providing the opportunity for us to conduct outreach inside grocery stores during the holiday enrollment campaign, which will include giveaways of King Soopers gift cards. Check our Tour Schedule to see when we will be in your area.
We continue to focus on maximizing coverage and welcome your partnership in those efforts. As always, please let us know how we’re doing and how we can improve our customer support. And we look forward to seeing you during our holiday enrollment campaign.