Store now open!
Coloradans have a new resource for signing up for health insurance before the March 31 deadline. Visit the temporary Connect for Health Colorado store on the 16th Street Mall behind H&M (500 16th Street, between Glenarm and Welton) to sit down with an expert Customer Support Representative from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily until March 31. No appointments are necessary.
Walk-in Sites (no appointments needed) to get help enrolling in health insurance (dates and times vary and are subject to change):
Southeast Denver: Walk-in Enrollment Office with Certified Brokers
- 8821 East Hampden Avenue (at Yosemite), Denver
- Weekdays between March 18 and March 31, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wheat Ridge: Walk-in Enrollment Site
- Exempla Lutheran Medical Center, 2nd floor Learning Center, 8300 West 38th Ave. Wheat Ridge
- March 25, 26, 27, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Westminster: Walk-in Enrollment Site
- HMart grocery store, 5036 West 92nd Avenue, Westminster (near Sheridan and U.S. 36)
- March 19 to March 29, weekdays from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday from noon to 4 p.m.
Denver (North Capitol Hill): Walk-in Enrollment Site with Certified Health Coverage Guides from Central Presbyterian Church
- 1660 Sherman Street, Denver
- Wednesday, March 12, March 19, March 26, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, March 14, March 21, March 28, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 15, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Denver (Baker): Walk-in Enrollment Site with Certified Health Coverage Guides from Denver Health and Hospital Authority
- 723 Delaware St., Pavilion M, Denver
- Mondays to Fridays, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Golden: Walk-in Enrollment Office with Certified Health Coverage Guides from Jefferson County Human Services
- 900 Jefferson County Pkwy, Golden, CO 80401
- Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Lakewood: Walk-in Enrollment Office with Certified Health Coverage Guides from Jefferson County Human Services
- Belmar Library, 555 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Mondays 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays 3/19, 3/26, noon to 4:30 p.m.
West Denver: Walk-in Enrollment Office with Certified Health Coverage Guides from Centura Health Links
- 2420 West 26th Avenue, Denver
- Mondays to Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Southeast Denver/Aurora: Walk-in Enrollment Office with Certified Brokers
- 8821 East Hampden Avenue (near Yosemite), Suite 212, Denver
- Tuesday, March 18 to Monday March 31 (weekdays only), 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Denver Tech Center: Walk-in Enrollment Office with Certified Brokers at BenefitMall
- 4600 South Syracuse, Suite 1250, Denver
- Wednesday, March 19, 8 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, March 20, noon to 4 p.m.
- Friday, March 21, 8 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday, March 26, noon to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, March 27, 8 a.m. to noon
- Friday, March 28, noon to 4 p.m.
Greenwood Village: Walk-in Enrollment Office with Certified Brokers at Warner Pacific
- 6143 South Willow Drive, Suite 200, Greenwood Village
- Tuesday, March 18, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 19, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, March 20, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Colorado Springs: Walk-in Enrollment Sites with Certified Health Coverage Guides from Peak Vista Community Health Centers
- Enrollment Services at International Circle, 2828 International Circle Suite 120, Colorado Springs, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday
- Health Center at Union, 220 South Union, Colorado Springs, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Health Center at Academy, 3207 North Academy, Colorado Springs, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Pueblo: Walk-in Enrollment Site with Certified Health Coverage Guides from Centura Health Links
- St. Mary Corwin Hospital, 1925 E. Orman Ave. – 6th floor, Pueblo
- Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A full list of enrollment and outreach events is available here.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER EXTENDED HOURS FOR MARCH
- Thursday, March 13: 7:00am – 10:00pm
- Friday, March 14: 7:00am – 10:00pm
- Saturday, March 15: 7:00am – Midnight
- Sunday, March 16: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, March 23: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, March 30: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- You need to pay your first month’s premium to your selected carrier to finalize your coverage.
- As a general rule, your first premium must be processed or postmarked by the 25th of the month in order for your coverage to start the first of the next month. Addresses to send a check and phone numbers to get support in the payment process are available for all carriers here.
- We encourage you to call your carrier if you need assistance with making payment. View carrier contact information and payment deadlines here.
- We recommend that you wait to receive payment instructions since each carrier has different procedures. Many carriers will take payment by phone or online.
- If you have not received an invoice with payment instructions from your carrier, please send a check to the address listed here for your carrier.
- You should include a printout of the “Enrollment Summary” page with your check.
- If you selected a health plan and a dental plan from two carriers, you must send separate checks.
- Payment by check may take longer to process than any payment online or by phone.
- Claims for medical services need to be sent to your carrier for processing. Connect for Health Colorado is not an insurance carrier and does not accept or process claim forms from medical providers. Customers should provide their carrier’s name and information to medical providers to process payments.
- We send enrollment data daily to carriers.
- On average, it can take 1- 2 business days for your enrollment information to appear in the carrier’s computer systems after you sign up through Connect for Health Colorado. If the carrier said they don’t have your information in their system yet, it may be due to this processing lag. This is normal and will not impact your coverage.
- It can take up to 10 days for the carrier to send you your invoice from the time they receive your information from Connect for Health Colorado. We’re seeing invoices being sent faster every week.
- If you have requested a change to what you previously selected (i.e., address change, plan change etc.) this will take extra time to process and it is likely that we are still working with your carrier to make sure this change is made.
- Customers who have not paid their first premium prior to receiving services will have to pay the full-cost of their medical care or prescriptions until the premium payment is made.
- These out-of-pocket expenses can be submitted to the carrier for possible reimbursement once coverage is active back to January 1, 2014.
- Customers will be reimbursed for services that are covered under their health plan according to the plan’s cost-sharing rules. Please note that your plan’s co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance, etc. will apply.
- Please contact your carrier for any questions regarding what is or is not a covered service under your plan.
- Most carriers will send you an ID card after you have completed your first premium payment. This could take a couple of weeks. Some carriers may be providing you with a temporary ID card.
- Coverage is dependent on your premium payment status, not whether or not you have an ID card. If you want to verify your payment status, please contact your carrier.
- The next deadline for private health insurance coverage is February 15, 2014 for coverage starting March 1. Open enrollment continues until March 31, 2014.
- Information about life-change events that will allow you to enroll after March 31, 2014 is available here.
- Medicaid enrollment is continuous year-round.
- Information about the financial assistance application process is available here.