Please note that prior to May 6, 2013, Connect for Health Colorado was known as the Colorado Health Benefit Exchange (COHBE), the legal name created by SB 11-200.
Employer/Employee Choice – Contribution and Participation
Addendum: Employer/Employee Choice – Contribution and Participation
The Board voted to approve the SHOP Advisory Group recommendations:
- COHBE should adopt employer contribution requirements that emulate the outside market,
- COHBE should adopt a participation requirement that emulates the outside market, and
- COHBE should generate tools to help employers pick their actual contribution amount (i.e., percentage, flat dollar amount – defined contribution, reference pricing). Options should not be too complex, in compliance with state and federal laws, technically feasible, and meet employers’ needs.
- The Board voted on Nov. 12, 2012 to adopt an approach that the Exchange should emulate employer contribution and employee participation requirements that exist in the broader market outside the Exchange, and should generate tools to help employers pick their actual contribution amount.
- The Board voted on July 9, 2012 and July 23, 2012 to allow employers to offer employees a single Qualified Health Plan and plans in a single cost-sharing (metal) tier.
- The Board voted on July 23, 2012 to allow employers to offer employees a panel of qualified health plans from a single carrier representing an actuarial value range that is as extensive as the carrier offers outside of the exchange, any plan that is offered in two adjacent metal tiers, or a subset of any of the four groups of options.